Locations: South Texas, DFW Area and Oklahoma
This position will work on a survey crew staking pipelines. Duties will include but not limited to: Adjust and operate surveying instruments, such as the theodolite and electronic distance-measuring equipment, and compile notes, make sketches and enter data into computers. Compile information necessary to stake projects for construction, using engineering plans. Lay out grids, and determine horizontal and vertical controls. Operate and manage land-information computer systems performing tasks such as storing data, making inquiries, and producing plots and reports. Experience with Trimble and/or Topcon GPS and conventional instruments. Must be willing to travel and work weekends. Driver’s license required. Pre-employment drug test and background check upon hire.
- Drug Test and Background Check
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Computer Skills
- Computer or Technical School training preferred.
- 4 years experience surveying
- 2 years experience as a crew chief
- 1-4 years practical knowledge and experience in mapping/civil field.
- Knowledge of Map Drafting